Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Let's Go to Prision

Dax Shepard plays a lifetime criminal who has just been released. He plans on tormenting and murdering the Judge that has sent him to prision most of his life. That judge dies 3 days before he is released. Instead John Lyshitski, Dax Shepard, sets his revenge upon the judge's son Nelson Biederman IV, Will Arnett. Will Arnett's character is sent to prison and Dax Shepard's character purposly gets arrested to follow him. In prison John Lyshitski becomes cell mates with Nelson Biederman IV. John, raised in prison, focuses his time on tormenting Nelson while convincing Nelson that he is acting in his best interest.

He protects Nelson by claiming Nelson as his bitch. Which he then sells to Chi Macbride's character.

"dear new pen pal, my name is Nelson Beaterman the fourth, i'm 30 years old, and I've been in prison for three months. In this hell hole I've had my ass kicked so many times, my ass has foot prints in it. But you know what? I think I'm going to make it. At least I know it cant possibly get any worse. Anyway... thanks for listening. I'll have to sign off now, as someone is pissing on me. Your new friend; Nelson." - Nelson Biederman IV

This film critiques the Justice System in the United States:
"Our justice system sucks. You know, there are over two million Americans behind bars. That's a little larger than the population of Houston. Every year, there are enough children born in prison to fill 250 Little League teams and enough people are raped in prison to fill a stadium more than three times. Can you picture that? Three stadiums full of people raping each other? I know I can. - John Lyshitski

"It costs $54 a day to keep a person in prison, which comes out to $75 million a day nationally. That's $28 billion a year. When you think about it, wouldn't it be cheaper just to let us keep your goddamn car stereos?" - John Lyshitski

This is great movie if you like dry comedy with social commentary. It is a great insight into the mind of fictional representations of criminals.

"leonard was the kinda dickhead that gives nazis a bad name"

1 comment:

If you post a comment, I will follow you and check out your posts.